Prior Learning Assessment
How Does it Work?
- Participants can take an assessment at Simplex United Testing Center or utilize a virtual proctoring service*.
- Participants must meet a 70% benchmark on an approved multiple-choice assessment to be eligible for the College Credit Recommendation Report.
- The report can be used as part of a portfolio, and more importantly, can be presented at any of the 1500+ participating colleges and universities for college credit consideration. If a participant’s school is not one of the currently participating colleges and universities, the participant can inquire with their own school about the possibility of the credit being accepted.
*Computer with webcam required for virtual proctoring option.
Cost - $150.00 per assessment. Does not include exam proctoring fee and official transcript services
Assessments Recommended for ONE Semester Hour:
- Culinary Arts Level 2 Cook Audio-Visual Communications
- Hospitality Management-Food & Beverage
- Automotive Technician-Core
- Building Construction Occupations
- Manufacturing Technology
- Precision Machining
ASSESSMENTS RECOMMENDED FOR THREE SEMESTER HOURS
Assessments Recommended for FOUR Semester Hours:
Culinary Arts Level 2 Cook
Assessments Recommended for SIX Semester Hours:
Hospitality Management-Food & Beverage